Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Quewtion: choosing a wire welder

I have the hankering to buy a welder, probably a wire feed type. I looked
at one on sale at "The Tractor Store". It was 110V input which is what I
want. 85 Amp output. Uses .030, 035, or 040 wire. Biggest problem I see
is that the instruction book said for metal up to 3/16'th inch. Tha'ts not
very thick, I'D prefer maybe up to 3/8'th inch, or more.

I'd really appreciate some of the features I need to look for in a wire
welder.

BTW: I don't really have a need for one, it is just one of those things I
want. I might be better off to forget it altogether.

Your thoughts please.

Bob