Posted to alt.home.repair
TKM TKM is offline

Default electric fence?

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:41:04 GMT, "longshot" wrote:

recently my 2 black labs have found a way to climb over my fence, i have
seen people cure this by simply putting a car battery & a wire around it.
don't have a clue how this works but would like to put one up for a week
or
so & train them not to. anyone have any advice or a link? thanks!

Rob

You can buy electric cattle fences, powered by a small solar panel. We
have one around our vegetable garden and it has been working for over
10 years.

There's a third part required in addition to the battery and fence wire.
That's a control device that takes the voltage from the battery and converts
it into a low power high voltage pulse that the dogs will feel. You need
the control made for the purpose to avoid possibly electrocuting your
animals.

TKM