Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Why not GFCI everywhere?

On 12 Mar 2007 09:09:53 -0700, "N8N" wrote:

On Mar 12, 11:03 am, wrote:
I think that GFCI outlet look smarter than the regular outlets. Is
there a reason, other than cost) not to use them everywhere in the
house?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

I believe that they are not recommended for use wherever medical
equipment may be installed, if that is a concern.

As well as refrigerators and freezers, where an unexpected trip while
you're out can have expensive (and smelly) consequences.

If you like the look of the GFCI devices, check out the "Decora" line
of wiring devices; they look pretty much like a GFCI without the
buttons.

nate

The Lowe's here has a lot of Decora style receptacles and switches.
They're as easy to find as the conventional style ones.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster