Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Verify a(maybe) dying diode caused by a bad capacitor???

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just fixed an power supply by replacing a bulging capacitor.

The capacitor is connected to diode. And the diode becomes hot and
makes a black spot on the board since the faulty cap.

I check the diode with a multimeter and it tests great.

The repaired power supply( cap replaced) has been tested for several
hours and no problem yet.

Question: Is there any way to check whether the diode is working
100% ?

Diodes are cheap. It was stressed. Replace it.