Posted to rec.woodworking
Woodhead Woodhead is offline

Default How to build pole barn workshop on unlevel site

Or you could use the Kentucky method: Pour a slab on clay
and when it moves or cracks call in a slab jacker....

Jim knows what he's talking about here........

"Reggie Burnett" wrote in message
news
I'm planning on building a pole barn style woodworking shop. It will be
somewhere between 24x36 to 30x40. The area where I want to place the shop
has a 1.5' slope from where the front of the shop will be to the back.
I'm wondering the best way to fix this.

I've considered pouring a footer around the perimeter and laying a block
foundation that will be used to hold the gravel/concrete.

I've also considered just installing the poles and level collars and
filling with gravel/concrete inside the collars.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reggie
Nashville, TN