Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vic Vic is offline

Default Cement Mixer Electric Motor Problem

"Clive Mitchell" wrote in message
In message .com, Kev
writes
I haven't use my pedestal type mixer for a few years. I lent it to a
friend who says it runs for a few seconds then conks out. I am hopeless
with electric motors so tend to chuck the device rather than try to repair
it. What is likely to be wrong such that it runs but only for a few
seconds and is a worthwhile repair possible on a cheap mixer that had paid
for itself a few times over?

If it consistently runs for a few seconds then conks then the motor may be
overheating for some reason. The bearings or drive might have gunked up
with cement or rust.

If it's paid it's way it might be worth just getting a new one.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com

This may sound daft but I was in a similar predicament and found the fault
was in my extension lead! There was no earth as the wire had come adrift in
the plug - worth a look..........