Posted to alt.home.repair
longshot longshot is offline

Default Spiral staircase size

"Chris" wrote in message
s.com...
I would like to install a (metal) spiral staircase inside my cabin.
The stair will be between the main room (16' x 24') and the mezzanine
(16' x 12')
I did find a company that has many spiral staircase kits sizes to sell
(www.theironshop.com).
I would like to know which size is better to choose to be acceptable
for adults and my dog (cocker spaniel)
I would choose the 4'6" diameter (clear walk space between pole and
rail is 2'0"). Is that OK?
What is most important: the clear walk space between pole and rail or
the ramp angle?
Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Chris

none are very comfortable to walk on, unless your inside diameter gets up to
a couple feet. your dog may not like it at all