Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Quality of hand cut dovetails...

"Toller" wrote in message
I saw some end tables made by someone I think is a competent woodworker.
He tried to copy antiques, to the point of using draw bottom raised panels
that slide in from the back.

His half blind dovetails were not very good. There were gaps and one of
the pins was partly broken. I don't know anything about hand work, but
would consider them to be terrible if done on my omnijig. Is that
considered acceptable on hand cut dovetails, or on replica antiques?

Well ,on antiques the dovetails often are no longer tight and are broken
from miss use. He may have done a better job than you think.