Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Advice on buying a ladder

"John Rumm" wrote in message

The next class up is to BS EN131. These are far more substantial and rated
for loads of 150kg.

That is the Class 2 rating. Class 3 is rated at 125kg.

They in general feel far more secure especially if you are on the larger
side. This is the type of ladder I always go for. Downside is they cost a
bit more and are heavier to move about.

Beyond that you have the industrial rated stuff - again heavier still

Technically, both Class 1 and Class 2 BS EN 131 ladders are industrial
grade. Class 1 are rated to 175kg though.

(although some are fibreglass and hence not so bad). I don't have much
experience of these and so can't tell you much else other than they are
handy when working near high voltages....

GRP ladders are remarkably heavy, but very solid.

Colin Bignell