Gary

Default OT - In Defense of Religious Marriage

Tom Accuosti wrote:

In ,
Gary informed us:

|| Devout
|| Catholic. And until last week, still believing in Adam & Eve. She's
|| devastated,
|
| No kidding? Yet somehow, up to the moment that they realize their
| superstition is the same as santa clause or the easter bunny, they
| devote themselves to destroying other people's lives by constantly
| forcing their ignorance on the entire society.

I believe that most fundies (of whatever stripe) aren't so much "forcing
their ignorance" as trying to convert people to the "right" way of
thinking.

Exact same thing when they make it law, or force their imaginary
friend's will on people who are not ignorant superstitious idiots.

Some of them do it out of hate or disgust (think "Inquisition"
or "Crusades" or "Jihaad"), but others do it out of love (e.g., Mother
Theresa in India or Father Damien with the leper colonies).

There is a difference in the result? I don't care about their
internal justification for their abusive actions.

It's
important to meet them on their terms sometimes, but others will not or
can not develop the capacity for understanding. Seamless and unified
ring a bell?

Poor banquer boy, so confused.

Harvey (the one & only "TRUE" GOD)