Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default does radiant heat work under carpet in basement?

In article . com, wrote:

I am not sure that the foundation was insulated underneath...is there
a way to verify? The house was built in 2000 and I don't know the
builder. The original owner wouldn't know either. Is there a way to
check/verify (without digging under the foundation of course).

Stand on it barefoot for ten minutes. If it feels pleasantly cool, it's
probably insulated. If it feels cold, it's probably not.

Or you could try measuring the temperature of the slab with an IR thermometer.
I'd expect it to be noticeably above 60 deg F if it's insulated, but that's
just a guess.

--
Regards,