Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ratman ratman is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:56:52 -0600, "Dave Moore"
wrote:

Damn, for almost a week I have been forgetting to
post about my recent experience. So, since
I finally remembered;

Not long ago I started noticing that when I would
play the guitar I was missing a lot of the strings.
Also I was doing weird stuff like bumping into
the edges of doorways on occasion,
instead of gracefully passing through them.
Sometimes when standing still, it would feel like
my feet were sliding apart in this kinda weird
almost spinning sensation. Sometimes numbness
in the hands.

Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps
30 years involved in electronics with a good
20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar
amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some
research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms
just might well be those of lead poisoning.

To make a long story short, for the last couple
of months I've been munching mass quantities
of Cilantro, about 1 bunch/day.
Also I've been supplementing with selenium.

Both supposedly have chelating agents in them that
can help rid the body of metals.
Anyway, after about 2 month's of this, I am noticing
my coordination has improved immensely
when playing the guitar, and no more
weird numbness or spinning sensations as of late.

I suppose this is all a bit anecdotal, but thought I'd relay
my experience anyway FWIW.

I also read about how lead poisoning was what
made the Hat makers go mad and is where the
expression "Mad Hatter" came from.

This struck me a bit funny since my wife
and I have an animal shelter for cats. I'm
thinking about changing my screen name to
"The Mad Catter" :-)

BTW, also I have a lot of dental fillings
starting to break lose, so I have to wonder
if some of the metal toxicity might also be
a result of mercury from crumbling amalgum.

At any rate, whatever the cause, heaping servings
of Cilantro and a supplement of selenium seem
to be keeping it in check.
I plan to look into Chlorella which also is
purported to have chelating properties.

I love the smell of hot solderflux in the morning. It smells
like...electronics.