Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default KitchenAid cooktop burner problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought

The warranty is at least 1 year, tell them to come and fix it.

and just installed a new smooth top KitchenAid
ProLine cooktop # KECV568RMTO1. The cooktop has 5 burners where the
two middle burners also has a bridge to make one long burner. The one
burner on the left front is a burner with 3 different sizes. The
cooktop is completely smooth with touch activated controls.

The problem I am encountering is when I turn on all 3 elements for the
front left burner, it also heats up the bridge portion between the two
middle burners. When I turn on the middle burner and activate the
bridge, it doesn't heat at all. Any suggestions? I have taken it back
out and removed the glass top just to look, but it seems pretty
complex.