Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default PEX plumbing, water softener install, exposed PEX in the closet

On Mar 11, 11:41 am, "marson" wrote:
On Mar 11, 11:25 am, "Dan" wrote:

On Mar 10, 6:08 pm, "marson" wrote:

Not sure why you'd be afraid of copper though--if you call yourself
handy, then surely you can learn to sweat copper. It ain't rocket
science.

Well yeah, you're right, and I actually did solder copper tubing about
20 years ago in "farm metal working" class. With a little practice I
could probably achieve some level of proficiency, but this is
basically a one-time job, and I doubt I'd have an excuse to sweat
copper again for another 10 or 20 years. It's not rocket science --
rocket science I can handle -- it's more of an art, a craft, a skill,
and art is something I might make a mess of.

Besides, PEX is superior. :-) At least that's what they say.

and why is pex superior?

PEX is cheaper, easier/faster to install, flexible, doesn't corrode,
resists scale deposition, more tolerant of freezing, and less likely
to leak than copper. None of this is based on personal experience,
but is just stuff I read on the net, likely from PEX cheerleaders.
Make of that what you will. I will grant you, it is uglier than
copper.