Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default PEX plumbing, water softener install, exposed PEX in the closet

On Mar 11, 11:25 am, "Dan" wrote:
On Mar 10, 6:08 pm, "marson" wrote:

Not sure why you'd be afraid of copper though--if you call yourself
handy, then surely you can learn to sweat copper. It ain't rocket
science.

Well yeah, you're right, and I actually did solder copper tubing about
20 years ago in "farm metal working" class. With a little practice I
could probably achieve some level of proficiency, but this is
basically a one-time job, and I doubt I'd have an excuse to sweat
copper again for another 10 or 20 years. It's not rocket science --
rocket science I can handle -- it's more of an art, a craft, a skill,
and art is something I might make a mess of.

Besides, PEX is superior. :-) At least that's what they say.

and why is pex superior?