Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Global Warming and CO2 levels

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2007-03-09, dennis@home wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2007-03-09, Grunff wrote:
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:31:30 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Why is it that the BBC are incapable of producing original,
cutting-edge documentaries?
And how can I opt out of paying my license fee to this extremely
biased
behemoth?

Get rid of your TV set and you won't need a licence.

Even if I wanted to totally do away with watching TV (which I could
quite easily), I still like watching DVDs and playing games.

In which case you don't need a license.

(Cue the standard "Yes you do", "No you don't" argument, which I shall
completely ignore.)

If its a TV then by definition it is capable of receiving TV
transmissions
so should be licensed.

If it has the receiver disabled in some way it is not a TV so doesn't
need a
license.

Its pretty easy IMO.

Indeed. And you've got it wrong.