Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default PHONE LINE STATIC!

On Mar 10, 7:45 pm, Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article .com,

"Frank" wrote:
Year's ago I paid twice to have a phone line replaced even though it
was outside the house. It runs from the box, around the house into my
den.

That is still considered "inside" wire.

More accurately, it is customer-owned wire on the customer side of the
demarcation point/interface. It's all yours.
--

JR

I know this, but considering choice between Comcast and Verizon cable
service:
I assume Verizon puts in interface box, extends to TV's then as with
phones makes homeowner responsible for line upkeep past box. OTOH
Comcast will come into house and straighten out bad connections - at
least they did this for me a couple of years ago.

Friend just made Comcast to Verizon switch but then switched back when
service was unsatisfactory.

Frank