Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William Smith William  Smith is offline

Default Mechanical problem pioneer LD-V4200 laserdisc player

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on servicing a pioneer LD-V4200. When I
connected my player recently I got a bluescreen/video signal as normal
but the tray won't stay ejected. On this model the tray ejects and
inch or two and then you slide it out manually. Now it ejects and then
quickly pulls itself back in. The player used to be very touchy about
being perfectly level or this behavior would occur so used a bubble/
spirit to make sure but that didn't help. The player has been unused/
in storage for a year or two and (perhaps stupidly) It was stored on
edge/side. I'm guessing something went out of alignment. Does anyone
have any ideas/tips? If I want to observe the eject apparatus should I
open the player from the top or the bottom?

I have a Tex Avery LD collection that I really want to watch.

Regards,
Will