Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Boiler, position of feed and return?

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 07:52:32 -0000, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:

|!I'm looking to buy a 20Kw, wall mounted , condensing, gas boiler, balanced
|!flue through bungalow roof.
|!I would prefer to have the feed, return and gas pipes located at the bottom
|!of the boiler as it's more convenient for connecting to the valve and airing
|!cupboard cylinder which is located behind the wall.
|!A corgi registered friend who lives across the road says that all the
|!boilers he knows about have the feed and return located at the top of the
|!boiler.
|!Does anyone know of a condensing boiler where the feed and return are
|!located at the bottom? or is there a good reason why they should be located
|!at the top? e.g, in the case of pump failure hot water rises?

All the Baxi ones have *all* pipes in a row at the bottom.
AFAIK most are the same.
Go on line and look at the manufacturers web sites, they have all the
information there.

Perhaps your CORGI-mate could suggest a boiler where the pipe
connections *are* actually at the top. I'm on nodding terms with various
models each by Vaillant, Worcester-Bosch, Sime, and Ideal - all of which
have bottom connections. In fact the W-B has provision to permit the
pipes to approach from the top too, if necessary.

David