Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

When I renovated my bathroom, I put in an American Standard
Cadet, with an elongated bowl, and have not regretted it.
At the same time, I put in a handrail along the wall, with a bracket
every 16". And another one vertical along the side of the shower.
We use the horizontal one as a towel bar, but it's there if anybody
should feel unsteady.
Little did I know that it would be me to be appreciative of it. The
next year, my knee was injured, I had to have surgery, and I was in
a leg brace to prevent me from bending my knee. You just can't
believe how appreciative I was that I was able to ease myself down
on the commode with one of my legs not being able to be bent.
And if anybody else does this, I used a 1x4 secured to the 2x4 in
the wall with a lag screw in a predrilled hole, so that I wouldn't
have
to depend on hitting the 2x4 perfectly with the handrail mounting
screws.

On Mar 10, 5:35 pm, Luke Howett Fitzhugh wrote:
Rather than repairing a leaky, creaky old toilet in a half-bath in my
house, I have decided to replace it. That brought on the sudden
realization that I have never bought a new toilet in my life. I've
repaired several toilets in several houses that I've owned, but this
is the first purchase.