Posted to alt.home.repair
J J is offline

Default Toilet Leak

Hello,
My wife and I just had some tile work done in a bathroom upstairs.
Job was finished about 2 weeks ago.
I just noticed a discoloration on the ceiling below that bathroom.
I thought it might be moisture, had my wife flush, and sure enough,
I hear some "heavy drips". This just happened and we have done no
further investigation. My tile guy, of course, says it's just a
coincidence,
that what he did was a no brainer and he couldn't have caused the
problem.
He says he thinks it is a pipe problem that he didn't cause.
I didn't see him do the work and have no idea what's involved. I
guess my question is:
Is it very unlikely for him to have caused the problem? He seems to
think that if it
was the part between the john and pipe that he replaced, we would have
a leak all
the time, not just with the flush as it appears.
Any opinions appreciated!