Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Printers

"Madness" wrote in message

Yeah, I've got an Epson C-80 that's partially jammed up!! It won't do
black @ all and is iffy on the magenta! Seems that cyan & yellow are OK.
No amount of cleaning cycles do anything except use up the new
cartridges I installed.

Someone on the web sells a cleaning solution.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/Epson/K70

Repairs: All Epson Stylus printers (except for the C64-C86, CX4600-CX6400
series) which don't print, or print choppy in black or color. For the other
printers, as well as Canon BJCs, use the other repair kit.

This is the same chemical used by Epson in their service department
Easy to use, no disassembly required
Gently dissolves even the most stubborn clogs and restores output to dried
out print nozzles and clogged printheads
In our testing on an Epson 600 that sat unused for several months, it 100%
restored a head that had no output, with one application (Individual results
may vary)

Note: This is not alcohol or Windex; it is an ink-specific solvent that has
proven to be safe and effective for use on Epson printheads. Do not use
alcohol or Windex, they will very likely ruin your printer.

Kit Includes:
1 oz bottle Epson Stylus Head Cleaning Solution (enough to fix several
printers)
1 syringe applicator for dispensing solution

Simple directions for use