Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Luke Howett Fitzhugh Luke Howett Fitzhugh is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:33:55 -0500, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Luke Howett Fitzhugh wrote:

I'm in luck! Consumer Reports has a review of toilets online from Aug.
2005. They talk about some of the things I was interested in. Should
have gone there, first. With the comments from this newsgroup, and the
analyses on CR, I'm confident that I'll have a reliable throne
installed by Monday.

The problem with that article is they only tested a minute fraction of the
toilet models that are available in the market place.

No other source of information that I could find has tested as many
toilets as CR did. No other source did as detailed a test. CR tested
Crane, Eljer, Kohler, Gerber, American Standard, Toto, Mansfield,
Niagara, Jacuzzi, Briggs and Sterling. That's a bigger sample set than
is available locally. I'm satisfied with that.

Luke