Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time."

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:55:22 -0500, "justadilettante"
wrote:

That person is there to deter shoplifters from walking out the "in" door
with merchandise. The credit cards are just gravy....

OK, that's better. Thanks. (I still wish she wouldn't talk to me.)

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:19:35 -0600, clifto wrote:

Mitch wrote:
At least you have choices. In my small town, all we have is a
Menard's. Staffed only by retarded teenagers who avoid customer
contact at all costs.

I have to say that the Menard's stores near me have people who go out of
their way to make sure you're finding what you're looking for, almost
to the point of wishing they'd ignore you.

Almost.

I'm like Goldilocks. I don't like it when I can't find anyone, nor
when they are always talking to me.

I really don't like it when someone greets me at HD at the door to
sell me a credit card.

First, she ruins the fantasy I'm having about all the great hardware I
will but and build great things with. Or at least I forget what I
came there for.

Second, the rates are outrageous and she'd do me more good working on
the floor. They have someone there about 2/3rds of the time.