Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenB123 KenB123 is offline

Default Troubleshooting computers

I have a related question: how would you troubleshoot a motherboard which
resets CMOS to default every time a/c power is shut off, even with a fresh
battery?

I have another identical board (ECS N2U400-A ver1.0) which functions just
fine, and thought about
doing an A-B type comparison with a meter, but I'm not sure what to look
for.

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"Brian O" wrote in message

Hello,
I have a good background in electronics and troubleshooting, but need
some help in how to troubleshoot microprocessor circuits/ computers. Are
there any techniques that help to determine if a processor circuit is
working properly other than just running it, and if there is no
troubleshooting software for it? Is it just a matter of checking to see
if
data is moving? How can you tell the data is correct? Any help in
troubleshooting these types of circuits is appreciated. Thanks.

You pretty much can't. Most computer shops don't even own a DMM.