Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity in Greenhouse. "Good Practice" question.

On 10 Mar, 18:30, "Vortex" wrote:

This summer I intend running electricity to my greenhouse for power and
light.

It's about a 35m total cable run from a dedicated breaker on my distribution
board and will be 4mm Twin/Earth (inside) and SWA (outside/buried).

It can be a pretty moist/condensing environment so I have already installed
some IP65 fittings like this:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TNC36.html

My first thought was to use MK Masterseal switches and sockets in the
greenhouse, with a local master isolation switch like this:http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CMDX032.html

Question is should I separately fuse the sockets/lighting circuits in the
greenouse or not? Since the whole installation will effectively be an
RCB/MCB protected "spur" is local fusing necessary at all?

Thoughts appreciated.

David

One way or another it needs its own fuse & rcd else will be a
reliability problem for the house wiring too.

NT