Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Grow ivy, very limited sun

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:42:48 GMT, Puddin' Man
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:24:25 -0500, mm wrote:

If you take ivy cuttings, they will start more reliably if you put them
in water until good sized roots develop. Strip off leaves on the bottom
part of the stem that will be under water. Ivy is really nasty when it
gets behind aluminum siding, but you know that )

Does it get behind T1-11, also? That's some kind of wood product in
4x8' sheets.

My first story is brick, but after that it's t1-11, so I need to know
before it grows another 8 feet!

I've always heard ivy'll bugger your mortar.

I'd keep it 100% OFF the house.

You can do that but I won't. That's why they call it the Ivy League.

"So you say. I don't know anything about 'em. Ivy
works for most neighbors, oughta work for po' me."

I would not be so blunt, but when I first read this, in this very
thread, I saw that you liked that style.

So I want you to see if you like receiving it as well as sending it.

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell