Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default electric fence?

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:41:04 GMT, "longshot" wrote:

recently my 2 black labs have found a way to climb over my fence, i have
seen people cure this by simply putting a car battery & a wire around it. I
don't have a clue how this works but would like to put one up for a week or
so & train them not to. anyone have any advice or a link? thanks!

Rob

No, that will not work.

You need a car battery, wire, AND A FENCE CHARGER. Or you can skip
the car battery and get a fence charge that works off of 115ac.

You need about 5,000 volts, not 12 volts.

I've got one around my yard to keep my dogs from digging out.
Ouch.