Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Removing electric meter lock ring

On Mar 10, 7:44 am, "Big Al" wrote:
Sort of wanted to get it off without damaging it Need to put it back on
after I replace the switch in the box below it.

Thanks,

Al

It partly depends on where you live, I have found. When I had my
service upgraded the electrician cut mine off with impunity. He used
a large pair of side cutters. A small bolt cutter will do. It passed
inspection with no problem. The electric co-op has been on the
property since and they don't seem to mind.

So if you are worried then call the company like the others said. But
if you are an outlaw then cut that thing off and leave the details for
a someone else to worry about.

If you are confronted you can just act stupid. It is very hard to
prove someone is not stupid,