Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange kitchen tap leak

"Chris" wrote in message
news:jYyIh.59649$Du6.36315@edtnps82...
Hello all,

In my kitchen, the cold water handle leaks. This isn't the strange part.
What is strange is when I turn the hot water handle, the cold water handle
leaks! I turned off the cold water valve and the cold water handle stilled
leaked.

I'm found a lot of online resources for repairing a leak, but not a leak
at
the opposite handle. Anyone know what could be causing the cold water
handle to leak when the hot water handle is turned? The kitchen faucet is
plain chrome "WAGNER" faucet.

Both need to be repaired.

When you turn the hot water on, water goes back towards the cold handle
causing the leak. I'm not familiar with that brand, but get whatever repair
kit is needed and replace both sides.