Posted to rec.woodworking
Guy Berthiaume Guy Berthiaume is offline

Default Cord for Cordless DeWalt tools

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 02:12:09 GMT, Nova wrote:

It looks like the DeWalt 18V drill currently shown on their web site is
listed at "510 Unit Watts Out"??? 510W / 18V = 28.333 Amp.

This is not good news. If the input power to the drill is 500 W,
then it will probably not be practical to do what I am planning.

DeWalt's web site is very hit/miss with the power ratings of the
devices. It looks like most of the corded devices have power ratings
and most of the cordless devices do not, which is why I didn't see
them before. I was checking the ratings for my particular tools.

So, if I use the corded tools as a guide, and assume that the cordless
versions produce at least half the output of the corded devices, then
the power requirement goes way up... The corded circular saws are
rated above 2 KW.

I will continue with my experiment, but I'm not encouraged at this
point...

Guy

--

Guy Berthiaume