Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default off topic question

In article , a34655
@hotmail.com says...
I am fairly new to this news group thing and was just wondering what
software most people use. I was using outlook express but just downloaded
XNews to try.

I recommend Gravity.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

version 2.6 is the best in my opinion. MicroPlanet decided to discontinue
developing the project (it was a commercial product once upon a time) and
turned it loose as unsupported freeware, the original designer then went and
did one last comprehensive update on his own time which resulted in version 2.6

There is a sourceforge project that has turned out version 2.7 but they had to
drop a bunch of features and change others because of patents and copyright,
and I don't like that version as much.

Another client is Forte Agent.
Forte Agent's interface doesn't work for me: for some reason, I just can't warm
to it. But those two are arguably the two most mature newsreaders out there.

-P.