Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Global Warming and CO2 levels

In article ,
Brian L Johnson writes:
dennis@home wrote

You do need a license if you have a TVcard in you PC BTW unless you can
prove you don't use it (then why do you have it?).

And shops which sell such PCs are required to make you fill out a card
with your name and address on -- just as if you'd bought a new telly
from Dixons or wherever.

They are required to pass your name and address to the licencing
authorities (up to £1000 fine each time they don't), but they
don't in my experience ask you for it that blatently -- usually
just take it from you under the guise of a warantee registration
or similar. Same is true of buying/renting a mobile phone which
can receive TV programs simultaneously with a live broadcast.
TV Licencing have been reminding phone shops of this legal
requirement over the past 18 months or so, and I vaguely recall
reading some have been landed with large fines for failing to
do so (I don't recall if this was for phones, but it was for
something which wasn't a traditional TV).

--
Andrew Gabriel