Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Blue Haze - not cool

wrote:
Hello all,

I have a set that has a constant blue tint in the picture. When
lowering the 'color' setting I'm not getting a black and white picture
- the blue tint is still there.

The menu does show a yellowish green color (mostly yellow) so I know I
have blue and green colors. Furthermore, while looking at the screen
closely I can see the red phosphorus glowing a little (and I have a
red line moving down the screen). RGB is there... Ruling out the
tube...

It would sure be helpful if you posted some details on the set, ideally
the brand and model number but at least let us know what type (direct
view, projection, CRT, LCD, etc) this is.