Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeroni Paul Jeroni Paul is offline

Default Printers

Arfa Daily wrote:
But
when you leave an Epson on, it just leaves the heads out where it finished,

This is not correct, all Epsons I know park the head in its sealed
sleep place a few seconds after printing.

The fact that it sometimes clogs up while printing is not because it
actually clogs but because there is insufficient ink pulled from the
cartridge or air drops inside. This could indicate a weak or jammed
pump or because you don't turn it off doesn't make enough pumping
cycles to bring new ink to the reservoir inside its printing heads.
Turning off overnight would be a good idea.

Epsons are a good design but they fail on their princes, they should
sell their ink cheaper. I have an old Epson Stylus color Pro and am
very happy with it, cheap and big cartridges (the compatible ones of
course) and never clogs.