Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Nie Tom Nie is offline

Default GOING small

Charlie,
You just made me think of something! My Oneway live center has an adapter
for mounting a chuck on the tailstock. That would take care of the
compression problem when trying to do some of that really thin work.

TomNie

"charlieb" wrote in message
Tom Nie wrote:

Charlie,

Joe Ruminski, a club member, made a 6' long finial with probably a
maximum
diameter of 1/4". The "small" being its diameter considering its length.

He fed it thru the headstock and out thru the tailstock and a piece of
PVC
to make it happen.

TomNie

Ah - Trembleurs! Haven't done any six footers but my short
attempts
of a section of one were fun. Got down to 1/8th inch diameter and
think
I could go smaller - but with only 12" between centers - without a
chuck,
I guess I'll have to wait for a Stubby to do any "real ones"

GOING small is fun.
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...rembleurs.html

charlie b