Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time."

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message
oups.com...

Stephen Blackpool wrote:

March 8, 2007
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ShaftingShoppe
rs.aspx?GT1=9215

By cutting back on employees, the home-improvement retailer is putting
the screws to the people it needs most: its customers.

By Scott Burns

I think that they're trying to be more like Lowe's, where the staffing
is thin (ten minutes to get help, even during lax periods) and the
training almost nonexistent (three employees didn't know where the
room air conditioners were stocked -- in July -- in Phoenix). Home
Base did that when they tried to copy HD, and they're gone now.

Water finds it's own level. I suspect they'll soon go the way of Handy Andy
and Builders Square for the same reasons.