Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,az.politics,triangle.general,neworleans.general
Rudy Canoza Rudy Canoza is offline

Default Legal Americans of ALL Nationalities..TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Rudy Canoza" wrote in message
link.net...

Are you ready for $8.00 per pound lettuce & broccoli?

I doubt it would go that high. I think those two crops, for one things,
are things that *do* lend themselves to more mechanization.

You can stop saying that now. It's getting old, and it is in no way
connected with the reality of how things grow.

I don't care if it's getting "old" or not. It is very
*much* connected with the reality of how some things grow.

How do you think that would affect low income people?

Worse than it would affect higher income people. Most price increases
affect poor people more than rich people.

You're not suggesting that massive illegal immigration is countenanced as
a policy goal of providing cheap food for poor people, are you?

No, but is sure as hell is the way the economy has been structured over the
past 50-75 years.

The economy has not been "structured" in any such way,
and large-scale illegal immigration has not been going
on for any 50-75 years.

Where do you come up with this crap, anyway?

When meat heads wail about throwing out migrant workers,
they don't consider that it'll take quite some time to adjust.

I don't know if it would or wouldn't. Personally, I'm
not all that keen to expel the illegally resident
aliens who are here. I want to stop the flow, and I
want to get the citizenship clause of the 14th
amendment to be properly understood to get rid of the
phenomenon of "anchor babies".

The biggest
adjustment will be convincing people that someone has to do "that kind of
work",

No such adjustment is needed. People already
understand that some amount of labor is needed in
agriculture.

and I don't care WHAT you pay them - you won't be able to accelerate
the cultural adjustment.

What kind of "cultural adjustment" is needed to make
people understand that labor-intensive work needs
laborers for the work to get done? Are you nuts?