Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Cord for Cordless DeWalt tools

"N Hurst" wrote in message
oups.com...

I did this with a B&D Firestorm 12V pack and swapped it into a spare
DeWalt 12V pack with dead cells. I was a $10 closeout at Target, so it
was worth the cost.

The resulting battery works well enough, I guess. In my opinion the
$50-60 spent on a replacement XRP batery is worth the additional
expense. The XRP battery runs more powerfully for a much longer time.

I have heard also, and it does make sense, that the OEM batteries at the
Borgs are probably not too good to buy. As most wait to buy 2 replacements
and then end up spending a few dollars more for a completely brand new set
up the single replacement batteries tend to set on display for years. The
shelf life tends to lessen and the batteries tend to not last as long. This
happened to me with some Panasonic batteries several years ago.

Honstly, I'd look into just sending your old batteries in to one of
the online battery shops. One was linked here last week where they'll
actually upgrade your batteries to Lithium Ion cells for a modest
inprovement in cost.

Agreed, however can you charge a lithium battery in a NiCd or MiMd charger?