Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting Fixings in Concrete Block Wall

Roger Mills wrote:
Merryterry wrote:

SO wanted a fitting put up on the kitchen wall that is plastered
concrete block with flints in the concrete. Usual happened, hammer
drill went off centre and left a hole big enough to get your head in.
No chance with normal fixing plugs. Can you still get that stuff that
is a powder/fibre mix that you wet and push in the hole, allow to dry
and then put screw in? Is so where can I get it?

Dunno - haven't seen it for years. But I never had much success in
getting firm fixings with it when it *was* available.

If you use an SDS drill rather than an ordinary hammer drill, you've
got a much better chance of getting the right size of hole in the
right place.

Very true.

Try this Rawlplug Plug & Repair http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/invt/106219

--