Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Cord for Cordless DeWalt tools

On Mar 8, 8:26 pm, "WoodButcher" wrote:
Think about this before you spend time and $$ on this project.
If a 115V drill pulls 6A, then your 18V drill will pull about 38A
for the same power levels. This will take at least 6ga wire to connect
your power supply to the drill. Do you want to deal with the weight
and inflexibility of this cable?

An alternative would be to design the converter/power supply to fit
into the battery case and run a regular power cord to the wall.

Art

I find it hard to believe that a cordless battery pulls 38 amps. If
you take one apart, I doubt that they have 6 gauge wire inside. I'm
certainly not an expert, but that seems fishy. (I doubt the battery
pack can supply 38 amps )