Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Vise recommendation needed

On Mar 9, 2:39 am, Bill in Detroit wrote:
RayV wrote:
I am ready to build my first workbench.

SNIP
Ray, I saw one recently that would probably fit that description ... I'm
contemplating building it myself. It uses pipe clamps in lieu of
standard vises and a 'v' arrangement for holding wood for working on the
edge. You might want to look at it as an 'on the cheap' (but sturdy and
versatile) alternative to massive European style benches.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...F.aspx?id=2625

That bench is shown in the book I bought which has been very helpful
in planning
http://tinyurl.com/34bf3k
Also searching the archives came up with a countertop from IKEA that I
may buy
http://tinyurl.com/3yrfuc