Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

In article . com, wrote:

There are three obvious explanations:

[for the failure, so far, of the SETI program to find anything]
Either it is rather unusual for a civilization
capable of our technology to get started in the
first place, or most of those that do are shy
about accidentally or deliberately making their
existence known, or they don't last long after
making it to our level of technology.

A fourth one: Most of them, after reaching the level of our current
technology, don't stay at that level very long, but progress beyond it -- for
example, abandoning broadcast communication in favor of optical fiber
transmission would drastically reduce a planet's RF signature.

--
Regards,