Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Heating a room with split aircon unit

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:21:25 +0000, Clive Mitchell wrote:

In message ,
R.P.McMurphy writes
the split aircon unit we bought last spring did a cool job cooling the
bedroom down, but it also has a heat function. I have tried this and
it gets a room upto 18c in no time...im sure it is more economical than
using other forms heating as the unit only draws 1.2kw when operating.
Is there any info online about using them for heating?

Include the term "heat pump" in your search. Heating a house with a
heat pump (what's in most AC units) is very efficient.

But is that what it does when it's heating? Does it chuck cold air out of
where it would put out warm air when it's cooling (IYSWIM)?