Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Plaster in an applicator

Brian Sharrock wrote:
"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 14:34:27 +0000, John wrote:

How does one do that, I know the Durgun (Sp?) can be used to remove the
plungers but how can it be done with 'normal' tools etc?
just push the plunger back with a bit of rod or dowel

I don't think plaster in a cartridge would work, any more than it does
with mortar.

Durgun actually market a 'mortar applicator'. AIUI; it's primarily targeted
at the pointing requirement. The demo's I've seen show the applicator loaded
with mortar and the nozzle formed from a small length of copper (22mm?) tube
squeezed with pliers to the width required.
{ I don't own such a device - merely seen it demonstrated} . I think (or am
at least persuaded by Durgun ] that mortar 'would work'. Your opinion may
differ.

--

Brian

I bought one a few years back and it didn't work for me. The solids
become progressively compressed so that, even if you can force them
through the nozzle, you're certainly getting a different consistency
from the first squeeze.