Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Lighting ring off, circuit breaker still on

IanMayo wrote:

got a strange situation at home:
the upstairs lighting ring is off (no lights works), but the circuit
breaker covering that ring is still on (all the circuit breakers are
still closed).

One other thing to check is that the circuit breaker is actually working
correctly. I have found some in the past that don't seem to switch on
electrically every time you turn them on mechanically.

We're in a 12 yr old conventional house, and had our fuse box moved
about 9 months ago. We have no other electrical problems - to my
knowledge.

My wife replaced a bulb the bathroom last night, after which the
lights worked fine. This morning the lights just "went off".

How close is the bathroom to the CU? Is it likely that it is the first
light on the circuit? If so, you probably have a loose connection.

--
Cheers,

John.