Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Aiwa F770 cassette from 1985

b wrote in message
oups.com...

N Cook ha escrito:
Back to the original problem.

The belts had dropped off, obviously perished.
Now , sometimes, on using the power take off to slide up the head

carrier
one of the belts drops off. The one that links the 2 flywheels directly
together. The first motor to flywheel belt stays on.
The second belt is driven by a flat pulley driving a vaguely bulbous

pulley.
Belt dimensins of width and thickness are much the same as the originals

but
obviously the length is less than the perished one - try a longer belt ?
There may be just enough room to add a disc of plastic to the flywheel

stop it falling off or putting a static guard in place - any ideas?

I don't understand. have you replaced the belts with new? if so,
nothing should be falling off and nothing will need modifying.

-B.

both new bands and cleaned pulleys. moving from REW to play causes the band
to fall off, presumably due to a snatching / breaking / imbalance associated
with this double connection to the tape presumably at take up.
If I put in a guide then it can't fall off and will presumably self centre
back up the vague hump on the periphery of the "reverse" flywheel.
On baluster/ bulbous motor pulleys they usually have a preventer disc either
side of the bulging active part. This pulley has a larger pulley on one side
but nothing on the other in the way of a preventer.