Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

Obviously, you are confusing me with somebody that give's a rats
ass about your asshole opinions.

Apparently you do to some degree, or you wouldn't be responding so
angrily based on the mere fact that your fears are essentially
baseless.

There would be a HUGE statistical data reference if folks that
worked in electronics with direct exposure to metallic form lead were
having problems with high lead counts in their bodies, or any of the
associated illnesses surrounding high lead counts in their bodies.

In other words, dude... WE WOULD KNOW IF IT WERE A PROBLEM.
It has literally been over half a century since Western Electric had
the mothers of folks like you and me soldering their asses off with
even higher lead content alloys than we use now.

The making a mountain out of a dung beetle ball syndrome comes to
mind. That would be several orders of magnitude in size difference.

Yet more proof that RoHS is bull**** as well.