Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

On Mar 8, 12:53 am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
http://www.preen.org/eiagg97/chap1.html

From Table 2 (all values in Gigatonnes per year)

Naturally emitted : 150
Anthropogenic: 7.1 (That's your 2% value, right?)

Total emitted: 157

Total absorbed: 154

Net change: +3

Assume this is all true as presented -
I have no way of knowing whether the measurement/calculation
models used are correct.

Perhaps you noticed that 150 has only two significant digits.
The same was true of the original table: 150,000 (megatonnes)
So if I had done the arithmetic correctly the calculated net
change would have been 10, not 3. Instead, I arbitrarily
did the arithmetic as if it had three sigfigs like the number
for uptake, 154 Gt/a. That made the answer agree with
other sources that indicate an increase of 2.6 to 3.7 Gt/a.

That's problem when working with figures that are dumbed
down for the public.

Here's the billion dollar question: It is BAD?

I can give you some reasons why it is.

It could well be (and I'm not saying it is,
I'm merely proposing a thought experiment)
that the natural planetary feedback mechanisms
encourage the buildup of CO2 in the face of, say,
deforestation, exactly to create an
environment conducive to ... forest growth.

So that's what, your Intelligent climate design
hypothesis?

Here is some food for thought. Consider the null
result, thus far, from the Seti program. They
have surveyed candidate stars over a considerable
volume of space with a sensitivity capable of detecting
a civilization leaking radio/tv radiation at a strength
comparable to our commercial broadcasting, and
anything with the strength of our military radar out
to a considerable distance beyond.

There are three obvious explanations:
Either it is rather unusual for a civilization
capable of our technology to get started in the
first place, or most of those that do are shy
about accidentally or deliberately making their
existence known, or they don't last long after
making it to our level of technology.

That third possibility is sobering.

For some of us.

--