Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default cleaning or washing the quilt.

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:07:39 -0800, aspasia wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:46:41 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

aspasia wrote:

I queried a respected outing shop years ago about cleaning my
down sleeping bag. These folks know what they're doing. They
said that dry cleaning actually deteriorates the down.

Worse than that, I'm told the dry cleaning fluid can leave fumes in
the bag that will kill you. The dry cleaner my mother took mine to it
refused to do it for that reason.

Does an "outing shop" have anything to do with the Aids Quilt?

Surely you jest! "Outing" means going "out" on a camping trip,
or hiking or kayaking or any kind of outdoor trip.